Monday, November 24, 2008

Gone Yesterday Hair today!



Look I have hair!!!!


R>I can't beleive how having hair can help me fake looking better then I feel! Don't get me wrong I do wear my bald head as a badge of honor, but when I wear the do rag and mask out in public I don't like the fact that perfect strangers treat me like I am dying! My friend told me today that her little girl Sarah saw me at church and said look Crystee's all better she has hair now, aren't little kids so cute.Well its been a couple of rough weeks I have had to endure some personally humilating moments that I won't go in to details about thank goodness for our oldest daughter Heather who was here to help me. I went to the Doctors today they say my Bone Marrow is dying off and they all seemed thrilled about it so I take it this is good and the chemo is doing it job. They have to wait a couple of weeks for my blood counts to continue going down and then they will give me one last transfusion before they start the growth factor.

>My granddaughter Madi-Lu shows her support for me! !

A couple of weeks ago my good friend told me to start writing a gratitude journal and to find thing in each day to be thankful for. I thought each day would be a very short entry but to my surprise I have a lot to be thankful for,I was just focusing on the wrong things. I won't bore you with the list but I encourage all of you to write down a few things each day you are thankful for and you will blessing how many bleesing you have in even during trails and tribulations. This last week I have had some wonderful and faith building experiences that I would like to share with you. We had the opportunity to go and listen to an Apostle of the Lord Russell M Nelson speak on Sunday. I was so uplifted by his talk and was thankful I went because I almost didn't. At the end of the meeting I had the opportunity to well kind of shake hands with Elder Nelson He noticed my relcuntancy and I explained that my Dr told me not to shake hands and he said well I can give you a hug and he did.He told me that My hevenly Father was aware of me and that my trails and tribulations were for a purpose. Words can not describe the feelings I felt. I am so thankful for my ward family,friends and faimly who continue to serve me.

Take care Crystee

3 comments:

Roxy said...

I love the hair. It is beautiful!. Thanks for blogging and sharing your experiences. I will start a gratitude journal. You are very inspiring.

Roxy said...

I love the hair. It is beautiful!. Thanks for blogging and sharing your experiences. I will start a gratitude journal. You are very inspiring.

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Great entry! Love the hair! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, we all have much to be thankful for!