Wednesday, December 24, 2008


I love spending time with my Family!
The 5 Kid's
Tim, Heather, Kayla, JD & Ali
The 6 Grand kids
Melia, Vanessa, Hailey, Madi~Lu, Jaden & Nathan
Well it has been a couple of rough weeks! Last week was my last week of chemo 3X's a week and for the grand finale they had me take double dose of my already high dose of chemo, that was a sick & twisted thing to do to a girl! I was miserable!! Thursday was the worst 24 hours straight of puking and a terrible headache I was ready to give up. But they order new anti nausea and pain med's and things got better. I was able to enjoy my Birthday with my family and had a great time. I have been keeping a Gratitude journal and try to find something to be grateful for each day, which helps me keep things positive. After reflecting on last week I am thankful that through my whole illness I've really only had one week of being that ill some people are that sick the whole time their on chemo, so I feel fortunate for that.
I would like to share an entry from my Gratitude Journal.
Friday December 19Th
"Yesterday was a really tough day for me I was the sickest I've been through out this whole ordeal but I realised that it was necessary so I could learned from it. And this is what I have learned; my Faith in Priesthood blessing's increased I learned to seek a Priesthood before pain med's. My relationship and love for my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ has increased. I learned that my Heavenly Father loves me so much that He sent His Son to help ease my pain and burdens. And I have learned when I exercise my Faith in my Savior and His Atonement He really does take away my Pain and suffering.

This week is my week off from chemo and now my body is going through with drawls from not having it, go figure I get sick when I take it and sick when I don't. I have been feeling pretty shaky and jumping out of my skin, but I realised this morning that I forgot to take my steroids the last couple of days, so I took them and those side affects seem to be subsiding and this week will be getting a lot better.


On a positive note my hair has started to grow in but there is a mystery I am trying to figure out, I know the hair is growing out of my head but it's not my hair it's dark and feels coarse and it has gray in it! Maybe it's because I have so many people's blood cursing through my veins.


Like my dog Winnie I am done with the snow!


Merry Christmas and my the Lord bless you and your families in the New Year.

3 comments:

April said...

Crystee, you're amazing! I know I say that all the time, but it's true. I love your new hair, too. You're beautiful with or without it! :-) Hope your Christmas was wonderful!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Merry Christmas, thanks for voting on my blog! You look great!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Hey Crystee! OK, I didn't get back to you. Once I switched lines I was off an running. We will catch up soon! Keep being positive!